View Single Post
Old 20th June 2003, 08:12   #17  |  Link
tonyzhankaiyu

Quote start:
Q7: if the interlaced material is "bff" (bottom field first) like most DV camera footage is, check "Upper Field First" in Video settings (CCE-SP 2.50/CCE-SP 2.66), set "Offset Line" to 1 (CCE-SP 2.67/CCE-Basic). If you are encoding progressive or tff interlaced material, always deactivate "Upper Field First"/set "Offset Line" to 0. We'll talk more about this in Q10.

Q10: Always uncheck "Upper Field First" unless your video is interlaced AND bottom field first. Progressive material is always top field first.

Q10: Uncheck "Upper Field First" and encode bff video directly. Then use ReStream to clear the top field first flag in the MPV file CCE generated. Load the MPV into ReStream, uncheck "top field first" and click "Write!".

Q11: Always set "Offset Line" to 0 unless your video is interlaced AND bottom field first in which case you set it to 1. Progressive material is always top field first.

Quote end.

RB,
Above quote from your CCE FAQ. For interlaced source I have different points from yours.
I personally uncheck "Upper field First" (2.66) and set "Offset Line" to 0 (2.67) for my DV AVI(interlaced, Bottom field first). After encode it to M2V, I use Changer.exe(Free, by Darim Vision co.) to replace tff with bff. Changer.exe just change the M2V not write a new file to save lots of disk space.

I am a PAL user, I did few test to prove it: use BMP with only one pixel-high line at the top to create a MS DV AVI, let CCE SP encode it with different tff setting. I got above conclusion.

Would you please re-confirm this setting?

tonyzhankaiyu