View Single Post
Old 21st December 2004, 09:39   #84  |  Link
Sir Didymus

Re: unreferenced material

Quote:
Originally posted by blueboyec
jsoto,

Read somewhere in the tread that vobblanker automatically removes unreferenced material. DVDrebuiler always chokes in the rebuilding phase when trying to process a VTS that had its unreferenced material removed by vobblanker. Requesting that unreferenced material be automatically blanked (not remove) to prevent DVDrebuilder from choking. Hope this is possible?
Hi blueboyec.

Have to totally disagree with your statement. I remove Unreferenced Material in a systematic way (always using VobBlanker) and never had any issue feeding DVD-RB with VobBlanker processed material...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jsoto
I've to confess I cannot follow DVD-RB forum (it is very active) but I usually do a search trying to find potential VobBlanker issues. What I see is some hard DVD-RB testers recomending VobBanker as a preprocess step to DVD-RB...
Me being one of them..., and I follow very carefully the DVD-RB forum. I can guarantee you that if I had even the minimun problem related by sure to VobBlanker, I would have reported it in this forum...

Quote:
Originally posted by blueboyec
I forgot that after processing DVD with VOBblanker I always use DVDshink to shrink menus and remove non English audios. Could this be the cause of the problem? Will also send you the ifos processed with DVDshrink.
Dont't want to give answers to your question, but adding some ones (in the given order) to you:
- why using a third applications for removing audio streams ? Rebuilder does the job properly and flawlessly.
- why don't you simply check if just VobBlanker+Rebuilder work properly or not (I will be very surprised of the contrary...) ?
- if you have to reduce menus, and you get into some troubles, why don't you try to produce an oversized encoding, shrinking the menues after the Rebuild step ?

Cheers,
SD

Edit: me voting for keeping the process as it is: if unreferenced material is actually unreferenced it means it is not playable. So removal, IMHO, is the proper way of handling them...

Last edited by Sir Didymus; 21st December 2004 at 09:56.
Sir Didymus is offline   Reply With Quote