View Single Post
Old 28th July 2003, 19:12   #254  |  Link
r6d2
Graphite mod

Quote:
Originally posted by ric1234
What would you think of my idea about the "cutting" ?
Well, I think it's a great idea. So great, that DDogg claimed he did the very same thing on this very thread, june 12:
Quote:
Quoting DDogg:
The one pass vbr section of the plugin really works well although I am finding it is difficult to get a completely full second cd. I have been increasing the Q adjust upward to actually force a slight oversize on a two cd encode to cause a third partial cd to be created in the muxing step. That small third cue/bin is normally just a few minutes of titles which I can discard thus allowing the second cd to be full.
Seems that he got the muxed files cut automatically... Did you try it? Doesn't DVD2SVCD cut properly in your case?

Quote:
Unless D2SRoBa keeps monitoring the process until the encoding is finished and can squiz a little tweak in the number of CDs before the muxing starts... Or unless @dvd2svcd (who has done so much already) would consider adding this feature in a next version... ?
I've asked Tylo to have D2Sroba do some more stuff for DVD2SVCD, for instance, resize the CDs to the expected average size after the encode in order to get equally sized CDs (this is good so you don't end up with a last image of just 15 min).

I don't know if he has had time to do that, since he's on vacation, but yes, D2Sroba may continue to get its hands into DVD2SVCD.

DVD2SVCD has not been updated for a while, I don't know if @DVD2SVCD is still improving it.

Regards,
Do you know how much overscan and which resolution your TV has? Find out if NTSC.
Moderator: 1: one who arbitrates 2: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion
3: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing down neutrons in a nuclear reactor (Webster)
r6d2 is offline   Reply With Quote