View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018, 14:59   #50894  |  Link
Anime Viewer
Troubleshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
Did you try the HD4000 to determine if it is a driver problem?
I forced it to use the Intel HD 4000 GPU instead of the Nvidia 680M, and playback appears to function at full screen (granted settings need to be reduced to minimums to not have drastically high amounts of glitches and render times).

I've also found that while the screen / mouse cursor is flashing right before driver crash if I : 1) drag the mouse to the bottom of the screen (bringing up the seek bar),2) press the Windows key, 3) have an on screen settings popup box (like madVR settings) forcing d3d9 windowed mode video appears and plays, and the GPU doesn't crash while any of those things are active on screen.

In summary (after the Windows update auto applied 5/13/18):
MPC-HC + madVR + LAV + XySubfilter using Nvidia 680M= fails to play full screen
MPC-HC + madVR + LAV + XySubfilter using Intel HD 4000 = plays in fullscreen successfully
MPC-HC + EVR Custom+ LAV + XySubfilter using Nvidia 680M = plays in fullscreen successfully

Edit:
by going into madVR settings -> rendering -> windowed mode and unchecking "present several frames in advance" making the videos run in D3D9 windowed (old path) I am able to play the videos at full screen.

Last edited by Anime Viewer; 16th May 2018 at 15:08. Reason: update with unchecking "present several frames in advance"
Anime Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote