View Single Post
Old 12th November 2008, 10:39   #6950  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPole View Post
Just wondering if there was any thought to adding standard input to eac3to? I was looking to decode a tta lossless stream and wanted to feed it directly into eac3to for dts encoding.
What format would the data have, you send to standard input? Generally it's a difficult thing for me to add because eac3to by design first analyzes the format of the source, and then in a 2nd step rereads the whole source file to do its work. This approach doesn't fit well to standard input where the source file can not be read twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl View Post
is there a way to use eac3to to make all video and all audio stream from a .m2ts file in one step to put with out any change of bitrate into a .mkv file ?
or is there any other programm that can do this ?
You can do "eac3to source video.mkv". That will mux the video track to MKV and demux/transcode all audio tracks to external audio files. Lossless (TrueHD + DTS-HD Master Audio) and PCM tracks will be converted to FLAC. All other bitstream audio tracks will be kept in their original form. You can then in a 2nd step use mkvtoolnix to add the audio tracks to the video MKV.

Alternatively you can use the GUI listed in the first post of this thread. The GUI allows you to automate the 2 steps mentioned above.

Muxing TrueHD as it is into MKV is currently not possible because MKV doesn't support TrueHD yet. But the transcoding to FLAC is lossless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathlord View Post
I have a question on the new ac3 ex feature. Dolby digital ex has a 6th channel built in for use in 6.1 or 7.1 setups. Can eac3to decode those tracks to 7.1?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavediver View Post
Is it possible to keep a truehd track for remuxing into .ts or .m2ts or do I have to convert the truehd track to pcm?

I've been using the following command to extract the truehd track, but haven't been able to get it to play after remuxing with tsmuxer and then again with tsremux. I get no audio at all when trying to play the file on a Popcorn Hour A-110.

eac3to i:\zohan 1) 3: i:\zohan.thd+ac3
This is a problem which is most probably not caused by eac3to, but by either tsMuxeR or TsRemux or by the Popcorn Hour (don't know). So you won't get help on this thread, unfortunately, unless you find evidence that eac3to is at fault.