View Single Post
Old 10th December 2019, 05:31   #58105  |  Link
Asterra

I still have a problem with black flickering when using madVR's "switch to matching display mode" with HDR content. FSE is off.

I have a little more information on the issue. It seems that with HDR videos only, when I go fullscreen, madVR acts like it's changing the refresh rate to match the movie (screen goes black for a moment), but when it comes back, it's still at 60Hz, and injecting black frames between each of the video's frames (at an inconsistent rate, due to the non-conformity of 24Hz vs 60Hz). For any non-HDR 24Hz video, madVR successfully changes the refresh rate to 23.976.

Edit: While I'm here... Does anyone know what I have to do to ensure madVR will force 10-bit color when it goes to 24fps when I fullscreen it? As it happens, Nvidia's control panel, with the latest drivers (or any drivers, apparently) doesn't let me choose 10 bpc. Only 8 or 12, the latter of which my display can't even handle. So if people are easily enjoying 10-bit color with madVR, I've clearly missed something simple and need to have my hand held on this. I can tell from test patterns that madVR is currently sticking with 8-bit color when it goes fullscreen.

Edit2: After more fiddling around, I determined that the only circumstance under which 10-bit color is available to select with Nvidia is when I am specifically outputting YCbCr422. I can't even pick YCbCr444 when the refresh rate is 24; the card refuses. This seems to be a problem, for as far as I know, madVR doesn't quite have the configurability to tell the PC to "use YCbCr422 10-bit 24Hz when fullscreen, and return back to RGB 8-bit 60Hz otherwise". Could be mistaken. A workaround would be welcome.

Last edited by Asterra; 10th December 2019 at 07:50.
Asterra is offline   Reply With Quote