Thread: MediaInfo.NET
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2019, 22:10   #8  |  Link
stax76

It's probably not easy, instead of trying to theme WinForms like MusicBee does it might be more sane redoing it completely in WPF, I would probably need 2-3 days to get it as polished as it is now.

I'm not that much a dark theme user myself. I use dark theme only in VS code because it's the default, I've not even enabled it in mpv.net even though it's perfectly capable. Probably I should try the dark theme in Visual Studio as I spent much time using it.

If people request it I might do it but if the project gets little feedback and few stars then I might just be wasting my time. Feedback and stars are a motivation for me, there is much feedback for staxrip because video encoding is an extremely complex task and people always wonder how things can be done, and there are the bugs of course, Revan and me don't see many stars these days but it's OK especially because many people express much love for staxrip, I've seen many awesome appreciation posts and mails, I also got many donations in the pre streaming era.

mpv.net on the other side gets its amount of stars, when I'm working on new features and improvements it gets 5-10 stars per week, it tells me that I'm doing something useful and that I'm not alone being a passionate mpv user. Feedback was very sad in the beginning but now it's perfect, thank you for supporting it in the beginning and to everybody who supports it.

Stars, likes and popularity in general don't tell the full truth though, there are many brilliant people and heroes not many people seem to recognize. Some of my past and present heroes like D.I.T.C., B-Boy Physicx or Meg Myers are not well known. Some of my favorite music has less than 100 likes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzTH...7&index=5&t=0s

Sounds 6,486,027,521 times better than Luis Fonsi to me, I don't understand Spanish, GANGNAM STYLE is OK though...

Last edited by stax76; 17th October 2019 at 22:33.
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote