View Single Post
Old 13th June 2005, 08:23   #9  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

about the d2v: have a look at the avisynth creator form.. check out what happens if you change the crop values. Basically it does this: start at the first line, iterate over every pixel and set its color to white, go to the next line, set color to white, etc. until you've reached the number of pixels to be cropped away from the top.

The same is done at the right, left, and bottom. Doing it that way, I'm effectively marking certain pixels twice (and since assigning a color to a pixel is slow, this is a major waste of time)

A better way would be to consider the image to be an array of bytes (pixel1x1-blue, pixel1x1-green, pixel1x1-red, pixel1x2-blue, pixel1x2-green, pixel1x2-red, pixel1x3-blue, etc). If you look up the class definition of Bitmap, you'll see that you can lock and unlock the image in memory, and from the IntPtr you get, you can treat it as an array of byte and do this whole operation much more effectively (white = [255, 255, 255]). If that's not enough info, check the source and the example I posted on page 40.

You can safely start with the AviSynth window.. that one's good for now. Progress bar for mp4 muxing is also something you could work on, it doesn't depend on the GUI changes that are currently in the works. The bitrate calculation for AVI muxing could also be done, as well as the AVI muxer itself (just don't integrate it into the main form yet.. that's the one that is being totally revamped). So basically, anything that doesn't touch the main form is okay to be started right now.

oh, and by the way, C# isn't a must.. if you write your own class and are more familiar with say C++, it's alright with me. I know C++, but C# seems like a more straightforward language to me.

Quote:
Is it just me, or is the version you posted v0.1914?
Nope, I forgot to update the exe. And I'm having a major mess in my head with the version numbers myself.. and the fact that the forum refused to let me attach the latest version didn't really help reducing my confusion.