View Single Post
Old 11th January 2009, 20:49   #7765  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
i'm sorry if this has been asked before but i was wondering if its poss to output celltimes.txt or not?
I don't even know what that is right now. What is it exactly and what purpose does it have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultratoto14 View Post
The writer told me that he could use eac3to if eac3to could be able to handle mkv or pipes as input/output.
Due to how eac3to is designed, it doesn't support input pipes, so that won't work, unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0mag!c View Post
And second problem - "sound forge 8" can't open stereo wav-files, generated by "eac3to".
That's most probably a bug/problem with sound forge 8 and not with eac3to. There are 2 different kinds of WAV files and sound forge 8 seems to only like the older one (which is outdated). Use the "-simple" switch to create WAV files in the older format with eac3to.

Quote:
Is there special reason that "eac3to" creates different header for stereo file?
IIRC eac3to creates "simple" WAV files for mono files if you use the "something.wavs" output. The reason for that is that outputting "wavs" is usually useful for Surcode DTS encoding and Surcode only understands the "simple" WAV headers, too. Furthermore, with mono WAV files the channel mask information is not so important as with multichannel WAV files (the channel mask cannot be stored in the "simple" WAV format).

Quote:
I forgot in time the switch, with which I can get float-wav. Can somebody please remind me?
"-full"

Quote:
When capturing output from "eac3to" like this: "eac3to>help.txt", file is filled with 08h characters, but they must have not be there.
That's caused by the drawing of the progress bar. I don't think I can get rid of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alc0re View Post
Could you add a command that forces dialog normalization...something like -forceDialnorm

Or even a command that would me me specify what level of dialog normalization an ac3 file has? Either way would work. Yet another option would be if eac3to detected a -0 dialog normalization level as having dialog normalization so that when eac3to extracted the file it would change it to -31.
No option for forcing dialnorm right now. But at least the next version will automatically patch "-0db" dialnorm AC3 tracks to "-31db".

Quote:
I really don't like that the second pass is needed to eliminate clipping.
There's no way to detect and fix clipping in one pass. However, you can manually lower volume by adding e.g. "-3db" to the command line. In most cases that should make sure that no clipping occurs, so no 2nd pass will be necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greif View Post
Since NeroAAcEnc now encodes 7.1, does eac3to support creating 7.1 channel AAC from DTS-HD/TrueHD/EAC3?
To be honest, I'm not sure myself right now. Why don't you simply give it a try and report back if it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundansx View Post
Next time you are in the code, could you make it so the progressnumbers feature prints the progress percentage on one line instead of printing a new line each time. As you likely know, you can do this by printf-ing a few backspace (\b) escape sequences.
The progressnumbers feature is not meant for end users, it's only meant to be used by other programs which want to "remote control" eac3to. For such programs it's better if I don't use backspace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2 View Post
I can't seem to extract the video and dtshd audio from the King Kong BluRay usig 2.87. Here's the log:
Code:
[a05] Writing the destination file failed.
Aborted at file position 5681233920.
Probably your harddisk is full. Or the network connection got lost. Or your harddisk is broken? I don't see many other reasons for why writing to a file might fail. This doesn't look like an eac3to related error to me.