View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2006, 01:15   #85  |  Link
vandienk

Well pals...
I have to thank all the people who are giving me some information about this problem I have and I am definitely sorry for the capitals.
Now, I have a few more questions that come to my mind regarding this issue.

1) I was suggested that maybe the reason why my stand alone DVD player doesn't read the recorded disc is that it might NOT read DVD Dual layers, but then I think, Last week's DVD+R DLs burnt are played by the device, but this one is not. What's more, as soon as I insert the disc on the player, the laser gets kinda stuck at the reading and I just read the recongnised format "DVD" at the LCD display and then, the player becomes absolutely impossible to work. I have tried ejecting the disc, it doesn't work; tried turning off the device, doesn't work. The only way to make it eject is to unplug the player and when I plug it back, it just ejects it. Very weird!!
Another thing that comes to my mind is: I have always assumed original DVD's (DVD-9) were Dual layer discs, so if my DV player reads them, why wouldn't it read recorded ones?

What's more, I still keep inserting the DVD on the driver that created it and I am still able to watch it with PowerDVD on the PC. So I guess the incompatibility suggestion is the best explanation to why my stand-alone DVD player doesn't play it, but why doesn't it say NO DISC instead of getting stuck and behaving so weirdly (as described)

2) Let's imagine I now try to burn a new .iso file using ImgBurn (as it was suggested here - since DVD Decrypter is no longer updated) and I still use Ridata DVD-R DL (because I bought 7 of them). Somebody said that setting a layer break with this media is useless because the layer break is ALWAYS at the same place. So how do you suggest I burn it?

3) One more thing: If DVD-R DL are not compaible with more stand alone DVD layer. What other use rather than backing up a movie do they have? I mean, What else can they be used for?

I do hope you can still help me with all this and thanxs again for all the help.
vandienk is offline   Reply With Quote