View Single Post
Old 30th November 2005, 22:38   #68  |  Link
stax76

new version available:

Quote:
0.9.1.0 (2005-11-30)
  • fix: fixed bug in zip extraction code that was writing a false time to the extracted files.
@Moat: thanks for the help, the bug were somewhere else, in my zip exctracting code (not in the IC#Code zip lib). I hope this time I got it right. This bug was in DVX for many month.

Since the files were extracted with wrong date you have to download them again. Disabling the warnings about wrong versions would also work but I cannot suggest this.

edit: probably the bug is still there, maybe tomorrow I have more luck

edit 2: after reading usenet I found out dealing with file times at some place at some time it is doomed to fail (timezones, daylight saving times, wrong os or bios date, very long tool chain (reading/writing dates (packing/unpacking again reads/writes dates)) etc. etc.). As example, the .NET API to get the last write date for a file returns a different date as the windows explorer here!

I could use a checksum (.NET has algorithms built in but it would probably be too slow for large files) assuming file attributes like time have no influence on this. Using the filesize is problematic as well, it was the first approach used in DVX and it turned out some applications had a different version but same filesize.

Last edited by stax76; 1st December 2005 at 00:44.