View Single Post
Old 4th November 2010, 00:13   #47  |  Link
frustum

kemuri-_9 -- you seem to be right. In the project properties for C/C+ code generation, I used to have "Runtime Library: Multi-threaded DLL (/MD)". Changing that to "Multi-threaded (/MT)" now allows my dll to run on my native machine.

However, the dll size went from 32 KB (similar to the size of the existing autolevels.dll) to a whopping 138 KB. Debugging info is disabled and optimization is enabled, as this is a release build.

I tried comparing my .vcxproj file to a 2006-era .vcproj file (from AddGrain) to find the difference, but despite being related, I can't correlate many of the options.

Are there any visual studio wizards that can spot the option which isn't set right? Meanwhile, I'll keep fiddling...

code generation command line:

/Zi /nologo /W3 /WX- /O2 /Oy- /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "AUTOLEVELS_EXPORTS" /D "_WINDLL" /Gm- /EHsc /MT /GS /fprecise /Zc:wchar_t /Zc:forScope /Fp"Release\autolevels.pch" /Fa"Release\" /Fo"Release\" /Fd"Release\vc100.pdb" /Gd /analyze- /errorReport:queue

linker command line:

/OUT:"C:\jim\video\autolevels\Release\autolevels.dll" /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /DLL "kernel32.lib" /MANIFEST /ManifestFile:"Release\autolevels.dll.intermediate.manifest" /ALLOWISOLATION /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /PDB:"C:\jim\video\autolevels\Release\autolevels.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /OPT:REF /OPT:ICF /PGD:"C:\jim\video\autolevels\Release\autolevels.pgd" /TLBID:1 /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /MACHINE:X86 /ERRORREPORT:QUEUE
frustum is offline   Reply With Quote