View Single Post
Old 21st May 2016, 16:31   #1  |  Link
reko

play mp3 using ffdshow audio decoder with mpc-hc ?

Hi,

I'm frustated here.
This is my story :
2 days ago, I downloaded MPC-HC.1.7.10.x86.
In my computer was already installed ffdshow rev 3984 (32 bit).

I add ffdshow audio decoder in MPC-HC external filter. Tick the "prefer" radio button.

I unchecked all type in the [SourceFilter] of MPC-HC internal filter.

Either mp3 file or AAC file, when I open with MPC-HC - it "calls" the ffdshow audio decoder - as the blue ffdshow icon appear in the system tray on the right bottom of my monitor.

I'm happy because I can use the equalizer in ffdshow audio decoder to adjust the sound. I never install any new software to my computer since that.

But today, suddenly when I open mp3 file or video file with AAC audio, it doesn't "call" the ffdshow audio decoder. When I play the mp3 file, this what I get from the Filter of MPC-HC :
Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- MP3 Decoder DMO
- MPEG-I Stream Splitter
- File Source (Async.)

So I search from the internet about this problem, and I downloaded Win7DSFilter Tweaker. In this app of the [Preffered decoder] section, I mark the radio button for mp3 to ffdswhow (before the radio button is microsoft) and disable the MP3 Decoder DMO in the [MS Codec Tweak] of this app.

Still, when I play the mp3 from MPC-HC, it doesn't call ffdshow audio decoder. MPC-HC Filter now showed :
Filters currently loaded:
- Default DirectSound Device
- ACM Wrapper (0x0055)
- MPEG-I Stream Splitter
- File Source (Async.)

When I play a video file with DTS/AC3 audio, it calls the ffdshow audio (and also ffdshow video). When I play .DAT (vcd) file, it calls the ffdshow video, but not the ffdshow audio.

I wonder why without I do anything, suddenly playing mp3 file (from MPC-HC) doesn't call the ffdshow audio decoder ?

I've tried by deleting the whole folder of MPC-HC. Restart the computer. Extract the MPC-HC zip file. Play the mp3, still no joy.

Just now I noticed,
A. when my video file with AAC file format profile (from the media-info) is [HE-AAC / LC] - [Codec ID : 40] it doesn't call ffdshow audio.

B. But if my video file with AAC file format profile [High@L4.1] - [Codec ID : avc1] it calls ffdshow audio.

But before, whatever format profile of the AAC, playing either the A video or the B video above, both is calling ffdshow audio.

Anykind of help/respond would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advanced.
(I'm sorry for my broken English).

regards.
reko is offline   Reply With Quote