Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:18   #1037  |  Link
martin53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
so you are writing your own avisynth plugin (cool!), and obviously one of the first things you have to do in your code is to include the avisynth header. But which one? ...
what about avisynth+'s header?
the headers of avisynth+ are up to date in every aspect and provide the greatest possible compatibility. By using avisynth+'s headers, applications and plugins can cleanly compile and run in 32-bits and 64-bits. It is 100% compatible to the latest 32-bit development on the old avisynth 2.6 project, while supporting all 64-bit binaries. And of course, you can use it regardless if you support multithreading or not. Furthermore and importantly, it is fully compatible to installations of the avisynth 2.6, avisynth-mt, avisynth64, and of course the avisynth+ projects, so your plugin/application will be able to run on any user's machine.
I'm sure there is reason in the things explained in that post, but:
Avisynth+'s header includes <avs/config.h>, <avs/capi.h> and <avs/types.h> which in turn include <avs/cpuid.h> and so on.
I feel this is not plugin writer friendly.
#include <...> in contrast to #include "..." makes success with the Filter SDK compiling instructions harder because it requires to further extend the standard library directories settings in the compiler.
Though I think I'd personally be able to manage that, and the files are on GitHub (easy to download), I still feel it's complicated and should not be like that. At quick glance I couldn't find what happened to the GetVarDef function in the avisynth+ header, either, so I'll preliminarily stick to the standard Avisynth 2.6 one.