View Single Post
Old 28th July 2012, 00:02   #1  |  Link
A.Fenderson

BD-RB: Enforce AVCHD-compliant video on BD25 full backup?

I've searched and not found this question asked previously.

I'm wondering if it's currently possible to configure BD-Rebuilder such that all video streams that are reencoded are AVCHD-compliant streams (either with the 18 Mbps DVD-media limitation or otherwise the 24 Mbps "other media" limitation), even when the output mode is full-backup to BD25.

The reason for this is that I anticipate (perhaps incorrectly) that certain tablet computers etc may start to become AVCHD-licensed/compliant players, in which case it would be incredibly nice to be able to play my BD25 backups without reencoding the video and instead, at most, reencoding audio only and/or remuxing (either via BD-RB in movie-only output mode or otherwise).

Bonus question!
Concerning the video stream aspect only: besides the video bitrates and other restrictions given for AVCHD on its Wikipedia page, is AVCHD (prior to the 2.0/Progressive addendum) strictly a subset of the general Blu-ray AVC video encoding limitations, or are there additional, "hidden" restrictions (possibly relating to level, profile, GOP lengths, etc etc) that AVCHD enforces?
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote