View Single Post
Old 26th March 2009, 13:23   #2204  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
I've been trying to do a movie-only HD-DVD to BD9 of "12 Monkeys" and can't get the audio right: I followed the guide by Furiousflea, and BD-Rebuilder seems to run just fine, but the resulting BD9's m2ts file has no audio, though it is larger than the m2ts (which oddly *does* have audio) that is left in the "workfiles" directory created by BD-RB. I considered replacing the m2ts file in the BD9 output structure, but I'm guessing there might be conflicts with metadata contained elsewhere in the BD structure. Any thoughts on why the final shrunken workfile m2ts file plays back just fine, but no audio on the larger m2ts that is part of the proper output?

Also, thanks to jdobbs for letting us test this very useful program and everyone else who is contributing in their respective ways.
If you open a command prompt in the folder you extracted eac3to (hold shift while right clicking in the folder -> open command prompt here). Type...

eac3to -test

It will tell you what extra bits eac3to has\hasn't got access to. It could be that you are trying to decode an EAC3 to AC3 and the required decoder\encoder isn't there. Check in the EAC3TO thread in the audio forum (1st post) to be sure.

It turns out that you don't actually need to do the audio conversion and can leave it as is - even if EAC3 Reason I put that step in before was because BDRB wasn't picking up EAC3 streams, and technically EAC3 is only supposed to be used on bluray on streams with more than 5.1 channels. But I've seen a few BDs recently with 1\2 channel audio encoded in EAC3 so...It doesn't really matter.

I think that might be your problem, with the audio not playing.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote