View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2005, 11:47   #207  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Quote:
if in configuration of avc i choose ABR, and then on main window autoencode a job for 2 pass encoded is created
Would be better to use antoencode to determinate the bitrate for avc choiced configuration ?
Have you tried running the jobs? The bitrate is automatically calculated and adjusted according to the effective audio size you get (in case you're doing audio encoding as well, not just audio muxing).

In order to reach the target size, two or three pass encoding is required. You can configure which one of the two is done in the settings, and override that in the codec configuration dialog (if the codec you're using it set to automated 2 or 3 pass that one is taken, anything else (except for CQ where I abort right away) leads to the number of passes configured in the settings. The bitrate you specify in the configuration is not used in auto-mode whatsoever, it is always overridden by the calculated one.

Quote:
or, is possible to integrate a mini bitrate calculator to calculate exactly the bitrate needed ?
Not needed, it is done automatically and I take care of all container overhead you'll get as well.

Quote:
in avisynth script generator dgdecode.dll isn't loaded, so the script do not run (i haven't set a avisynthdir plugin in my registry for conflict between filter dll), could be useful to set path to filters dll in tools -> setting
I have considered and discarded that back when creating the avisynth window. Why? I use 3 computers for development, and each of them has a different AviSynth configuration.. so when transfering my source material I neded up having to adjust AviSynth scripts because the plugin path was hardcoded. It it much easier for most users to have the script auto-load and not having to worry about absolutel paths. If you're not using plugin auto-loading, that means you know just fine what you're doing and are capable of adding the appropriate line by yourself, wouldn't you agree?