View Single Post
Old 16th June 2010, 02:12   #331  |  Link
Koutsoubos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3dom View Post
I don't remember which part of the suite were used, but I've received a report from the replicator (made with the EclipseSuite) with a warning regarding the dts audio: "Since dts is not mandatory, some dvd players could be not able to decode it correctly". So I think that at least one tool of the suite have indeed read the IFO/VOB.

This from an individual known as Trai, expressed in the Creative Cow forums (http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/155/869917):

The EclipseSuite of tools is crucial, no doubt; I've been licensed with them since September 2002, and use them everyday. But these tools make sure that what's presented to you as a replicator, i.e., the DVD Image, and that it can be mastered. Only a very few checks of the contents of the build folder (DVD-Video file structure in the VIDEO-TS folder) are included that pertain to mastering the Image; things like proper placement and flagging of layer break cell (which I and my partner working on DVDAfterEdit got Eclipse to implement during 2003/2004), making sure the DSI (data search information) has the correct number of sectors listed as are actually on the disc (more to it than that), and just a very few others...

And yes, it's true I'm afraid, Eclipse, as good as it is, doesn't check for DVD for spec compliance. The MEI DVD-Video Verifier does that. Eclipse (worth it's weight for the crucial tasks it performs) verifies if the Image presented is configured properly for your mastering equipment, and that the Image follows certain file system specifications - but again (and again) does not check the DVD for DVD-Video spec compliance.

Last edited by Koutsoubos; 16th June 2010 at 04:44.
Koutsoubos is offline   Reply With Quote