View Single Post
Old 28th May 2012, 03:37   #13  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_warrior View Post
VectorScope seems pretty good, but I still don't know how to make use of it. Thoughts?
And if I want to use it I must undergo double color conversion?
Me neither, but it does look pretty, think less useful for brightness, lightness, value, luma, but pretty good for sat
and hue (which are totally more understandable than two measures of U & V chroma).

"undergo two measures of conversion", No not really, just to view, not suggesting that you convert to rgb and then back
for the rendering (You always view in RGB anyway).

Dont know if this will at all help but, I quite a long time ago withdrew ColorYUV2 which I made a
grapher for (Grapher in Mediafire sig, Toys.zip). But got a bit miffed about something and so withdrew that dll, I actually
habitually use the dll and intend to mod it to use the v2.6 avisynth version, think it's
been changed (some day). Anyway, shall do you a non debug version (temp) and hopefully you can view a before and after version of your
YouTube clip against the hires clip, as you mod it (in RGB->YUV->RGB in Grapher, as if it were done in YUV, {arh, now I
remember, had probs with finding non conflicting matrices for eg PC levels and rec.709, so put it on the back burner}
Anyway, either 1 or two days, I'll put up the mod for you and you should mod the YouTube clip to look as close as possible
to the hires one, using the grapher (only works on single RGB bitmaps (convert a frame to RGB rec.601 bmp), needs same frame from
YouTube and Hires) Load the hires frame into one copy of the grapher, without alteration, load low res clip into another
grapher and play with ColorYUV2 settings until match, when happy note settings and then do the Colorlike thing with a ColorYUV2 modified
YouTube clip (as per Grapher noted settings) and original Hirez.

Purpose of above is to get by hand a reasonable approximation to the hires clip, and then let ColourLike split the difference.

Sounds good to me, what say you.

EDIT: Perhaps when using the graphers, might be good to set windows wallpaper to BLACK, (perhaps).

EDIT: On the Graffer, it will also function for ColorYUV official, it just refers to Rpow_y rather than Gamma_y same for chroma,
and has eg SPow_y and for chroma, which is not available in ColorYUV proper. Also Pord_y has no meaning in ColorYUV, it is the
ordering for eg rpow_y and spow_y, ie which is applied first. So you could actually just use it with the standard ColorYUV.
Anyway, the graffer thing allows you to view changes in real time as you alter the sliders and shows a two half screens,
one original and the other the modified half.

Graffer thing here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156774

Also a plug to show eg, average luma/chroma of Entire clip as well a frame, could compare both
full clip scans to see mismatch between them.
showChannel:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163829

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 28th May 2012 at 18:25.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote