View Single Post
Old 26th December 2012, 05:22   #2890  |  Link
djmasturbeat

I disabled all AV/spyware and issue persisted, so that was not the issue that I can perceive.
There was some errors about the file downloading, but unable to download, and then errors aboutbeing unable to unpack the zip then unable to delete the zip. I looked and the zip was in the cache, too.
I watched it alternately at times use the main or backup server for update, both failed on core install.

edit, here is one of the logs
Code:
-[Information] [12/25/2012 5:13:44 PM] Updating core. File 1/3.
--[Information] [12/25/2012 5:13:44 PM] Could not unzip C:\MeGUI\update_cache\megui-core_2237.zip. Deleting file.
--[Error] [12/25/2012 5:13:44 PM] Could not delete file C:\MeGUI\update_cache\megui-core_2237.zip
--[Error] [12/25/2012 5:13:44 PM] Failed to download file core with error: CouldNotDownloadFile.
I tried removing the core from update_cache and then running it, but no dice.

I finally deleted my MeGUI directory other than my profiles and jobs and logs, and just unpacked the newest build.

For the record:
pretty fresh install of Windows7x64, with barely anything installed yet, not even ffdshow/haali or LAVF, etc. Mostly just DVD Decrypter, a stand alone stable MPC-HC and some browsers and AV/spyware, and the stuff for Mobo (mostly drivers).

I won't know if the bug persists till a new core is released for stable servers.

I suppose this should have gone here top start with, since I am using a vanilla MeGUI now, and this seems like a bug for MeGUI
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=151159
apologies for misplaced post, but since I started it here, thought I would follow up here.

Last edited by djmasturbeat; 26th December 2012 at 05:53.