View Single Post
Old 16th May 2003, 01:28   #14  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Re: Region free

Quote:
Originally posted by royalb
In your cheat sheet you tell the user to "region free". I assume that you are using it as a verb. How do I do that?

royalb
At the time my cheat sheet in question was written, I was using Smartripper 2.41 instead of DVd Decrypter. I was making sure that when you ripped the files to your harddrive, the files were already purged/removed of RCE or Region Coding Enhancement. And what is RCE you ask? Here's a Regional Coding Enhancement FAQ for you.

Since I worked only with region 1 NSTC DVDs, I put in a step to make sure that all IFOs were free of RCE. If detected then you would take it out and save the IFO and BUP.

To "Region Free" a IFO, first select a IFO file in IFOedit. Look at the bottom buttons, you'll see one that says "Region Free". With your IFO highlighted and selected, press this button. You will get a message saying if you do or don't have RCE in this IFO. You must remember to save any IFO that you had RCE detected and removed.

Now, I have been using DVD Decrypter strictly as of late and it does a better job on removing RCE during ripping so that step can be optional.

Last edited by 2COOL; 16th May 2003 at 07:54.
2COOL is offline   Reply With Quote