View Single Post
Old 14th September 2011, 17:35   #807  |  Link
longtom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjohnson View Post
Here's my workflow for forced subs:
Rip to HD with AnyDVDHD.
BDRB Movie Only with 1 English Soundrack and all English Subs.
Use BDSub2Sup to examine the subs in the BDRB workfiles folder. It will report if there are forced subs in each sub track. If there are none, that just makes it easier. (You can skip the rest and just use the built in function in BDRB to output for a different device. Since there aren't any forced subs you don't need to mess with them.)
Use RipBot264 and load the single .mt2s file created by BDRB. I adjust settings to 2 pass encoding with 1024 bitrate, no cropping, and resize to whatever I need. (Usually this is for my iPad so I do 1024xwhatever is needed for the aspect ratio of the movie. RipBot264 will Demux the mt2s and then let you pick which sub/audio streams to put back in your movie. (If you didn't check the subs out in the BDRB/Workfiles folder you can do that now with BDsub2sup. They are in the Temp/Work/YourMovie folder that RipBot created) In the subtitle selection in Ripbot I just pick the stream that has the forced subs and then make sure it is only going to display the forced ones. You can also use the preview function and see the subtitles as they will end up. If all looks good, I add it to the queue and then start the reencode. RipBot is definitely slower than BDRB, but you will eventually end up with a good looking/sounding movie that displays the forced subs and plays on your device.

It's worked for me so far on all the movies I've tried (Avatar extended collectors, Taken, Tourist, Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons to mention a few).

Jeff
Till now i check with HdBrStreamExtractor and SupRip if there are forced ones.
If then i would convert it with pavtube blu ray ripper (option only forced subtitles checked), maybe before extract main movie with BDRebuilder (didn't have enough time if Pavtube markes the Main movie exactly) , finished.
If not, extract main movie with BDRebuilder, convert with Elgato H.264, finished.
longtom is offline   Reply With Quote