View Single Post
Old 8th August 2013, 07:12   #19804  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetyl View Post
I see. The issue is this file is VFR, so it switches from 23.976 to 59.94 midway.

I doubt it'd be this simple of a matter, but out of curiosity, would it be possible to add a side option for, or a conditional check in the "only if there would be judder without it" setting?
So basically you have it set to "only if there would be judder..." but due to the file being VFR smooth motion FRC stays on for the 59.94 parts of the file? If so, you could create an issue in the madVR bug tracker, but you'd need to attach a sample to it which allows me to reproduce the issue on my PC. Zip the sample or else the bug tracker won't accept the upload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makakam View Post
I just used calman pattern generator installed on my htpc along with calman v4 on my laptop. Only tv's setting were altered, I didn't create luts and in madVR I have "this display is already calibrated" option enabled and now that gamma ramp option is what makes me wonder.
Well, I don't know if you have any VideoLUTs set in your GPU. Probably not, but I don't know. If you don't remember ever having set those, they're probably still empty/linear. In that case it doesn't matter whether you enable that madVR option or not.

If you want to be 100% safe, you could turn that switch on/off, measure madVR's output both ways, just to make sure there really is no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshmothma View Post
This is the response I got when asking about Calman support for madvr...

We will it's just a matter of priorities at the moment. We are working on getting CalMAN 5.2 ready for IBC and CEDIA. The new features and hardware updates are already slated for CalMAN 5.2
Ok, thanks!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote