View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 14:21   #7812  |  Link
Ede_123

High DPC latency using madVR with MPC-HC

Hi all,

I found multiple posts in this thread concerning high DPC latency when using madVR, but I think nobody really found the cause of this problem and a solution was never found.

I'm also facing this problem and it effectively renders madVR useless, because the high latency leads to crackling noises in the audio occuring every few seconds.

I tried to analyze the problem with "DPC Lateny Checker":
- My notebook's idle latency is about 150 us (microseconds)
- When watching a movie with MPC-HC using EVR / Haali Renderer the latency stays more or less the same (maybe a little higher due to CPU/GPU load)
- Watching a movie with MPC-HC using madVR is always resulting in a latency of about 2000 us (quite constantly) with huge peaks reaching to about 45000 us (this seems to be when the crackling in the audio occurs)
- when starting MPC-HC and doing nothing (do not resize the window so it is displayed 1:1) latency keeps normal and rises after ~15-20s, when starting MPC-HC and going into (non-exclusive) fullscreen latency keeps normal and rises after ~10s, when starting MPC-HC and going into (exclusive) fullscreen latency rises almost instantly.

My current system configuration:
- Windows 7 32bit
- ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470
- madVR v0.62
- MPC-HC 1.5.2.3107

I would be great if anybody could help me with this and locate the cause of the problem, since I love piture quality obtained with madVR. Clicking sound is a no-go though.
If you need further informations don't hesitate to ask.
Ede_123 is offline   Reply With Quote