Thread: YAMB 1.6 is out
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2005, 19:34   #9  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
- under import options: are the options like "video only" not functional atm, or am i too dumb to check how/when they can be enabled!?
strange...works fine here. Did you load an avi first or another file ?

Quote:
- and as i said i really recommend to add by default #video to the video import files and #audio to the audio import files (.avi, .mpg and .ogg)
any reason not to do that? i think it makes it much more clearer and avoids hassles with input files containg audio+video
well..I thought it was better that people can choose these options by themself. But I can manage them by default for sure.

Quote:
- and as i said i really recommend to add by default #video to the - calling an option "force packed bitstream" is totally misleading. packed bitstream is and will never be allowed in .mp4! i assume you mean the -packed switch, which force unpacking of packed bitstream. actually this option is pretty useless as mp4box will in any situation unpack a packed bitstream even if you dont set -packed, so i wouldnt even offer that option in the gui
ok, my bad. I'll change that.

Quote:
- .m4a files are container files (.m4a = .mp4! only the extension is different)

Quote:
- the name "force cfr" is also misleading, as it will not convert a vfr stream to a cfr one for example, better call it "keep n-vops" or make it disabled by default and call it "force vfr" or "make vfr if possible"
ok...
Quote:
- as i said already, its possible to import audio from .avi (mp3) and .mpg too! actually the only way to get mp2 audio into .mp4 with mp4box is to import from .mpg, so it would make much sense to offer these input formats under audio too (together with #audio)
Indeed...I forgot that.

Quote:
- when having two different audio streams in the list its not possible anymore to set the sbr signalling option
huh..yes, a bug.

Quote:
- - better not call it "aac-sbr", but either only "sbr" or "he-aac", cause aac-sbr is an expression nowhere used (except in coreaac), the official expression is "he-aac" (the name of the technology is "sbr"). calling it aac-sbr, will make newbies think its maybe a third, new profile next to lc and he aac
well...as you said. It could be confusing.No problem, I'll change that.

Quote:
- are you planning to add .mp4 extracting too to yamb?
yes