View Single Post
Old 27th January 2007, 21:04   #11  |  Link
HeadBangeR77

Quote:
Originally Posted by halsboss View Post
should I have a go with Fizick's Deblock plugin, or do you have any settings suggestions for Deblock_QED_MT2 ? Or are my eyes too old and one of these deblocks is OK. (Just a thought, have I mucked up the Deblock_QED_MT2 version above ?)

Thanks
You're welcome To tell you the truth, I'm a noob to deblocking, but I've been experimenting much over the last few days. The difference is: your source is simply old (like that old SF stuff ) with some blocks, mine is heavily blocked in some scenes, and that's the main problem. If I set any filter too strongly, then it destroys details in low-motion scenes, and when I set it moderately, then it doesn't destroy nasty blocks in the worst parts, so I'm kinda helpless atm

A good invention would be some kind of adaptive filter, that would analyze every frame, applying different deblocking strenght and threshold on different frames, like MSU Smart Deblocking (here) claims to be. Unfortunatelly the results aren't impressive, though I'm still trying (beeing a bit fed up with this already ).

As to my settings - I would like to preserve as much details as I can (kind of fight against windmills ), so I choose two different approches to the matter:

1) Higher strength, but smaller sensitivity/threshold - should kill the ugliest blocks, leaving smaller (&less visible) almost intact: should preserve more details as well. Hence my settings for Deblock().

2) Lower strength, but higher sensitivity/threshold - should deal with almost every block, smoothing both smaller & larger ones, doing not too much harm to details, however leaving the larger blocks less processed. I could call it Didee's approach, since his filter isn't recommended for severe blocking.

Hope we could swap more experience. I need a break atm, tired of all this

cheers,
HDBR77

Last edited by HeadBangeR77; 28th January 2007 at 05:44.
HeadBangeR77 is offline   Reply With Quote