View Single Post
Old 15th June 2010, 01:37   #11  |  Link
ChiDragon

Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you mean now. I thought your intention was to keep one set to A and one set to B and not constantly change them both.

But actually, the tool already does reset the region counter on all players that it is able to (i.e. PowerDVD versions) whenever a change is made using it. You'll have to close it and change the lower priority player to the region you want after that manually, but at least you won't be locked down.

I still can't think of a way to do what you want that makes sense with the current region display method. The icon wouldn't be able to say that one player is one region and another is different.

In other news, I did confirm that TMT+Win7 works with v0.2 still, so Vista is fine too.

I have been able to edit the alternate data stream of CLDShowX.ini for PowerDVD below 7.3.3516 manually to swap regions and change the region counter to arbitrary values (I prefer 99999 since it fits into the box). But it appears that the majority of the 2.50KB stream is install-specific and I'm not sure how I could actually edit the file instead of my current methodology with later PowerDVD of just overwriting the BRF.dat completely. I suppose I could read it into RAM temporarily then overwrite with the edits.

I think I'm the only one still playing with the old PowerDVD versions anyway though.

I was going to try to work with Nero Showtime but it appears that it no longer exists!
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote