View Single Post
Old 11th August 2005, 10:58   #52  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman
1)The channelmappings supplied are from other users, they are not tested by me. I added them since they might be usefull to others.
This ww channelmapping is supplied for me, before know the channelmapping inside the Configure of Soft Encode. Is only to explain when must be used or not.
Quote:
2)If i understand you correctly, you are saying i have to set the UseLFE to off to enable it? Im checking it out myself to see whats going on.
Yes. I tested it. Maybe a bug of my version of Soft Encode, Version 1.0 (Build 19)
Quote:
Whenever the size in the header is ignored, everything behind the start of the datachunk is treated as sampledata. So it should read until the end of the file.

If not all data is converted, then something is wrong. ww doesnt cut away a couple of MB's just to be sure you dont get a pop. I just created a 6 channel file of 6 gb and splitted it into 6 monostreams.. Alls of them have the correct length
Are you sure you had enough diskspace?
Yes, I work in a NTFS partition with more than 20 GB of free space.
The same file is separated by BeSplit with correct length (but with a error in the BlockAlign field, keeping the wav_ex header with a incorrect Channelmask corresponding to the wav_ex 6 chan.).
The file is a wav_ex generated by Faad with only 4.2 GB (130 min., 48 KHz) and the mono wav extracted have exactly 4/6 = 0.666 GB (124 m. 16 sec., 48 KHz).
The two erroneous fields in the wav_ex 6chan (RIFF_chunk_size and data_chunk_size) have values corresponding to the excess over 4 GB (aprox. 6 min., 48 KHz). Without extrachunks at the end of file.

The only check options in ww Preferences are:
- Ignore invalid wav size
- Save output
- Analyse files inmediately
- Stream manipulation -> Mono streams
- Output format -> Wave PCM

Thanks.
tebasuna51 is offline   Reply With Quote