View Single Post
Old 7th February 2005, 02:17   #26  |  Link
byoblu

Dear len0x,
thanks for your reply.

In fact what happens to me is unbelievable.

After having installed AutoGordianKnot for the first time I thought it was fantastic. I run two jobs and all worked great.
When AGK finished jobs list and I added some more job and clicked start again, "OPEN AVI" exception begun to be raised up. No matter what '.reg' file I merged in the register: AGK was no more able to encode.

So I checked AGK website and found the very last version. I installed it over mine.
A kind of magic: AGK worked again and I eventually thought that was my definitive killer application tool.
Nevertheless, I was disappointed when after the first job list ended without errors, (and after having stopped AGK and started a new group of jobs) the OPEN AVI curse came back to life again.

Neither a total AGK uninstallation-reinstallation seemed to solve the problem.

So I thought that it was a problem on my livingroom-pc (Win XP Home Sp2, P43,2Ghz HypThreading), and installed AGK on my XP Prof SP2 located in the kitchen (another P4 3,2Ghz HyperThreading).

Wow... I tried to add a list of jobs made up of 10 ".mpg", and they all perfectly worked. So my problem seemed to be solved by switching to a more appropriated "codec clean" PC.

Imagine my face when adding more jobs and clicking start again (I didn't exit the program) the OPEN AVI exception was raised again.

I am very desperate. What should I do?

The only thing I do after finishing a group of MPG encodings is checking each encoded AVI before archiving.
To do so I open AVIs with Divx player 2.6 (by Divx.Com), or Windows Mplayer version 10.

Is it possible that this operation restores some codec that AGK doesn't like?
What should I do to reset the situation to be able to work again?

What ckecks do you suggest I should do?

Thank you very much for your kind support.

Claudio

p.s. ..I was a satisfied user of an owned copy of DrDivx, but can't use it anymore because since some times ago it has a problem when boosting audio: the encoded Divx has some movie segments in which the audio lowers almost to zero after a video and audio noise! Moreover, even without the boost option enabled, very often DrDivx crashes at 99% of the second pass.

Very Desperate man..... :-)

Last edited by byoblu; 7th February 2005 at 02:30.
byoblu is offline   Reply With Quote