View Single Post
Old 17th August 2017, 18:19   #44708  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd1 View Post
With my 2GB GT 730 graphics card is it good to use madVR or the graphics card is too thick to have improvements?
The GT 730 is rather old and only has DDR3 memory. It seems like a fairly slow GPU, by today's standards. madVR might still run smoothly, maybe you need to tune down some settings a bit, but it depends a lot on which movie resolution and frame rate we're talking about, whether you need upscaling or not etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
Glad to hear I got lucky for once!

It's entirely repeatable though, I did some tests with 378.92 and 385.28 (clean install), and every time with standard resolutions I get 3-5mn before a repeat, and after simply applying the EDID values I get up to 2 hours+ before a drop.
I'm not sure what Nvidia is doing. Maybe they follow the EDID values to the letter, while madVR is recalculating the pixel clock to the most accurate value possible.

Anyway, with v0.92.0 you can try actually measuring and optimizing the timings even further. That should easily get you into the "one frame drop/repeat every 1.x days" range, at least. Tutorial to follow soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
I was wondering why the custom resolutions in the tool are for 4K/UHD only.
Have you tried unchecking the "show native res modes, only" checkbox?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote