View Single Post
Old 6th November 2016, 10:00   #21185  |  Link
VictorLS

CruNcher
I am SAT amateur, but I set up H-H (from 103e to 30w) mount and 1,2 meter offset dish with Ku-linear, Ku-circular and C-circular converters by myself.
WinXP with 50Hz output is good enough for me for any DVB task (including receiving Mulistream ,T2-MI, there is some artifacts sometimes with one Ukrainian transponder only because of Mutistream in T2-MI from 4e8 - few very expansive (semi-)professional tuners can receive that at all), except h265 10bit because of ... see this thread above.
With GTX750v2 Win7x64 is good enough too (I reinstall it sometimes) including h265 10bit. Both Windows can work day by day with working DVBViewer and never drop frames, freezes or crashes with strong signal in my case.
I have GalaxyInnovations HD Micro Plus not bad very small tuner (bought in summer 2014 about 60$ for absolute silence only) 3G modem can be inserted in one of two USB ports, but its picture quality via HDMI IMHO is poor with 1080p50 setting because of bad internal deinterlacer, with 1080i50 picture is great (almost as Openbox SX4 I tried) but I can not use BFI technology (to "speed up" liquid crystals) in my monitor BENQ FP241VW called Perfect Motion with 1080i50 and encrypted channels recordings can be played on my tuner only so I prefer WinXP )
When comparatively seldom some playback problems appears with some bad files in Windows I solve them easy by combination of filters or remuxing or TS-Doctor or so on.
About Core: did you mean CoreAVC?
About Linux + VDPAU: I am running Ubuntu from self-made boot flash to solve some professional problems. I have read that h265 10bit is problem too as in WinXP - only CUVID with changes decodes well by dithering to 8bit. Tell me, please, if this is not true or when this problem will be solved - I'll try if will be time.

Last edited by VictorLS; 6th November 2016 at 10:20.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote