View Single Post
Old 28th November 2007, 07:54   #4  |  Link
cestfait

WOW!

That is one powerful filter-- I've never seen such a good stand-alone temporal denoiser without artifacts (fluxsmooth and degrainmedian's blurring or temporalsoften and fft3d's ghosting, for example). It also temporally denoises much better than the former examples in general, imho (even when these others are mv-compensated).

It looks like you can set tbsize really high w/o side effects beyond slower processing. (ok, with high temporal radii it can get pretty slow, actually. . .)

Unfortunately, being quite mathematically illiterate, I still have some total blanks here and there in the docs. I wonder if tritical has any explanations for us about the differences between the analysis/synthesis windows. . .

It's really fun to play with, though. Now for some play with the spatial thresholds!

Fabulous! ^_^

P.S. I'm not big on spending my time clocking these filters, but I can say that with low sigma and temporal radii, this filter is acceptably fast. In fact, considering its power, it is pleasingly quick, indeed!

Last edited by cestfait; 28th November 2007 at 09:27.
cestfait is offline   Reply With Quote