View Single Post
Old 3rd June 2007, 21:02   #4  |  Link
Rufus210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Btw, a few things I just realised. I have no clue what the current state of audioplayback for VC-1 video is. Been running it on my server which has no audio. Maybe the peepz at MplayerHQ are still working on this?
Another thing is that this doesn't need an expensive video card! It's running rather smooth on a build into the chipset thingy (Intel G965).
The none of the new audio formats (DTS-HD, E-AC3/DD+ and TrueHD) are supported yet. DTS-HD is nice in that it's a backwards compatible format, meaning the ffmpeg DTS decoder will get a DTS stream, but not the advantage of the better quality HD stream. The only way to currently play the others at all is to use windows codecs. There's a tool for converting them to AC3, but it requires the windows codecs. Someone might be able to get the mplayer binary codec loader to load the audio codecs, but AFAIK the binary loader has only been used for video codecs so far. There is hope though, there's an ffmpeg summer of code project for E-AC3, but no TrueHD project yet (that I know of).

It would be nice if you could integrate this into mplayer directly. Something like `mplayer hddvd://' and it handles the decryption, reads the playlist, and starts playing tracks. Ideally it could even be made into a library, libaacs or something. That way any program (ffmpeg, mplayer, xine, etc) could just ask the library "open this disk" and "open this file" and the library does all the needed decryption. Kinda like libdvdcss.

It's always nice to see open-source linux work going on. Be sure to post this to mplayer's user list, and the -dev list if you're interested in integrating it into mplayer. Just be warned that mplayer devs are quite against C++, but that shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Last edited by Rufus210; 3rd June 2007 at 21:39.
Rufus210 is offline   Reply With Quote