View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2006, 19:23   #60  |  Link
Ebobtron
Errant Knight

Hi Amnon82,
Thanks for the “Nice App”, I think it is a good idea that needs work.

I will answer the last question first. C++ using “Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003” with “Microsoft Platform SDK February 2003” both free from Microsoft http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/.

As for the second, “Does AVISYNTH only displays RGB frames?”. The answer is no. AviSynth outputs YV12, YUY2 and RGB and I believe a couple more are planned.

Concerning the white screen, FilmCutter will show a white screen if no file is loaded into the viewer. Otherwise it should show the first frame of video, if it is black, then it shall be black. FilmCutter should view any file you can load into VirtualDub.

It is a little hard to tell by your question, is FilmCutter only showing black frames with YV12 and YUY2. Does your script file work in VirtualDub, does it contain DSS as an input source?

Your problem is I think easier to define. If you will let me assume that you are getting the frame data and drawing it to the screen then only the RGB will work without some conversion in between. May I recommend that you look at the source code for two AviSynth plug-ins, avsMonitor and tritical’s TMonitor. I can not really read it very well, but it is clear that colorspace testing and converting is going on.

Thanks again for looking in and for the nice comments. And please if you could calm my fears about the black frames.
Ebobtron is offline   Reply With Quote