View Single Post
Old 13th March 2019, 00:42   #13  |  Link
maxkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBB View Post
If madVR doesn't switch the TV into HDR mode, that would explain your washed out picture. Make sure that madVR -> display -> properties -> bit-depth is set to either Auto or 10-bit. Otherwise the display will not switch into HDR mode. Also make sure that "send HDR metadata to the display" is checked in whatever mode you'd like madVR to use.

Which media player software do you use? I recommend MPC-HC with built-in LAV filters, for simplicity. If you don't see LAV Video used during playback, that could be part of your problem.

Either Technicolor Expert mode should be fine for SDR/HDR. For Dolby Vision it will say "Cinema (User)". Another thing to keep in mind: If you use the LG in PC mode to get 4:4:4, that only applies to 60Hz.
Hey man, cool. I got the bitdepth to auto and tried send metadata still no HDR text on tv.

mpc-hc MadVR only for video. Why would I need the LAV Video though is what I'm wondering about, this is completely unknown to me? Should I install LAV Video too and why do I need it??

Yeah this might be the reason!

I dunno should I change from PC mode? I run 23hz now only for movies I thought I was only gonna do 60hz but since lagg now gone and colors look nice I will do 23hz.

I switched from technicolor bright to technicolor expert as suggested and chose some settings in this one I think look very good (with the 3d lut I have in original guide for smoother 4k image).

Do you use 3dlut I see you also have the same screen if you could upload yours so I can see if it looks as good as mine?
maxkill is offline   Reply With Quote