View Single Post
Old 10th July 2004, 09:59   #40  |  Link
illiminable

Quote:
perhaps you could help out to make the Matroska Splitter accept streaming connections?
The ability to use streaming is mainly based around an abstraction of source, i have a filter source interface, and it is implemented both as a file source or a network source.

Another thing i did from the outset after painful experiences in the past is to make the splitter a source filter, with an interface to change the source, rather than using the supplied "File Source" and "URL source" filters which i found to be really restrictive.

Quote:
1. I could not connect the Theora Encoder to the FFDshow filter until I disabled all outputs other than the YV12 output in the filter properties.
Yeah... libtheora can only sucessfully encode 4:2:0 YUV (YV12), there is some support for 4:2:2 (YUY2) and 4:4:4, but encoding using these formats at the moment is not very successful.

So what the filter does is downsample any YUY2 to YV12, but i haven't written any way to translate any other formats.

So that's not really a bug, it just hasn't been written yet !

Quote:
2. FFDshow tried to play the Theora file and would decode only the first frame, corrupt the second, and then freeze. Had to disable decoding Theora in FFDshow.
I'm not sure what happened there... when ffdshow first added support for theora it worked, but i supsect since then i've made some changes which ffdshow hasn't propagated yet. You should let the ffdshow folks know, so that they can check it out... When they first did it i hadn't released the source so they had to do some guesswork for some things... but the source is now available so they should be able to figure out what is different now.

Cheers,

Zen.
illiminable is offline   Reply With Quote