View Single Post
Old 18th August 2014, 11:36   #172  |  Link
Videogamer555

Please add an uncompressed raw mode as well as your lossless compression mode to your codec. I need to generate some raw YUV444 frames for a specific application I'm working on. The simplest way to do so is to use the IPImageCompress API function in my program. Unfortunately this function requires that I have a codec installed for encoding in YUV. Windows comes with a YUV420 encoder only (though it comes with decoders for other YUV formats). As such, I spend hours, looking for a YUV codec that I could install that would enable me to save YUV444 frames. In my search, I finally ran across MagicYUV. Sadly, it only is capable of saving losslessly compressed YUV frames. For many video applications, lossless compression is better than raw because it saves file space, while preserving the video data that would be lost in a lossy compression. However my application specifically requires raw YUV444 frames. As such, I need to ask you to include a "full raw" mode in the next release of your codec (a mode that would allow directly outputting raw YUV 444, 422, 420, or 400 Luma grayscale frames), so that I can complete the program I'm writing.

I don't think any other codec exists that can do what I want, and yours comes closer than any to being what I need. However as my project calls for raw YUV frames, I am going to ask you to include that in your codec's next release as a settable option from your codec's control panel.
Videogamer555 is offline   Reply With Quote