View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 22:20   #6  |  Link
iz-Moff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadanobu View Post
I'll suggest the following command line :
Is "--limit-refs 1" worth it? I've run some test encodes on a sample, and among the settings that are different between the two presets, "--rd 6", "--limit-refs 1" and "-no-rskip" reduce encoding speed the most. Also, only placebo preset uses --merange above 57, and 57 doesn't sound like a number that would be selected arbitrarily...

Anyway, i guess for now i'll try using pretty much the "slower" preset without "--rd 6", "--limit-refs 1" and "-no-rskip":
Quote:
--preset slow --profile main10 --bframes 8 --b-intra --weightb --subme 4 --rc-lookahead 40 --tu-intra 3 --tu-inter 3 --limit-tu 4 --amp --ref 5 --lookahead-slices 1 --max-merge 4
These settings result in only about 10-20% slower encoding speed, and, hopefully, will benefit the quality a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbtn View Post
Try Slower with --limit-refs 3 --no-amp --rd 4. It will be a much faster and not affect much to quality.
Thanks, yeah, that seems like a good tradeoff. Though "--amp" doesn't seem to reduce the speed a lot, at least not with the samples i tried, so i guess i'll use it.

Last edited by iz-Moff; 13th October 2019 at 22:35.
iz-Moff is offline   Reply With Quote