View Single Post
Old 6th April 2012, 16:44   #1062  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

You cannot access Microsofts DXVA decoder directly.
The DMOs are directly designed to allow that, the DTV-DVD Decoder is not a DMO, its a pure DirectShow/MF Filter.

You can use the Microsoft DirectShow decoder directly though, no reason to wrap it into something else.
For Encoding its probably not helpful, because it only supports "native" DXVA and not a copy-back mode, as required for encoding.

Anyway, if you look hard enough you'll find a stream that fails with every decoder sooner or later.
I don't care for Intel support in my DXVA implementation. Intel does not support 100% vanilla DXVA, and they don't document their differences properly (or they don't make those documents publicly available). So, why bother? Can always use the MSDK based Decoder, it works better with every driver release.
As long as my DXVA works fine with AMD and NVIDIA, all is fine. And your broken streams are usually fine on those.

So, you can stop posting streams that are broken only on Intel DXVA2, i don't care anymore (actually, i never cared). Use MSDK.
At some point in time, i'm sure we can also produce a "native" mode decoder with MSDK, without copy-back i mean, but its really low priority.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 6th April 2012 at 16:53.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote