View Single Post
Old 8th November 2011, 07:22   #4  |  Link
Videoman58

My problem solved with DVDShrink memory error

My problem solved with DVDShrink memory error
A couple weeks ago I started having the same error message when I was backing up with DVDshrink, I have been using this program for a few years now. Aside from the occasional can't decrypt with DVDshrink it has worked just fine, but since early 2011 it's been more often that I’ve run across the new CSS so about 30 days ago I started using Anydvd to rip my movies to backup. I have 3 very high performance PC's, and have Mirror Dvdshrink & Anydvd on all system, the first error I got was on my Windows 7 PC quad core. I tried uninstalling Dvdshrink and reinstalling it which worked for a couple backup jobs so I switched to another PC with XP thinking it was incompatibility problems with windows 7 and dvdshrink ((NOT)). It also happened on the other systems. I thought this very odd because never ever have I had this problem before, so I started to back step what I have done in the past few weeks, maybe it was windows updates, maybe it was Norton.
So I backed out a few updates which had no effect on the problem, then I started thinking maybe another program was causing an incompatibility issue. I uninstalled DVD Decrypter, no change. I then thought to myself the only new program I have installed in the past month was AnyDvd so I uninstalled AnyDvd and (( Problem Solved )). I removed AnyDvd from all my PC's and problem solved on those as well, It must be a registery problem when both DVDSHRINK & ANYDVD are installed on the same systems. I have used DVDSHrink for 8 days now and no issues at all with it. If you have Anydvd on your system along with Dvdshrink remove either one and problem is SOLVED. If you like dvdshrink like I do then if you get and install DVDfab 8 QT which is also available in a free version, they work fine together
Videoman58 is offline   Reply With Quote