View Single Post
Old 1st March 2010, 06:18   #199  |  Link
Diamenz

hey all. first of all guth i'd like to say how great of a plug in this is for shaky video. it really works wonders for me. i own a flip hd mino which is really bad for moving around while recording, especially when walking. unfortunately i don't know the exact rolling shutter %. the default 89% seems to work pretty well, but i emailed flip and asked so hopefully they'll reply with an answer. if they do, i'll be sure to post it here for everyone.

i have a few questions for you guth... i'm not very educated on video like a lot of the people here, but i also don't consider myself a complete newbie.

for motion smoothness, what would be general ideal settings for someone that wants to stabilize, but at the same time not lose sharpness. i don't know if it's me, but it seems the higher i set smoothness the blurrier my video becomes. or perhaps it's another setting that's causing blurriness? it's not too bad, but i'm a quality nut and it's bugging me. is the cost of stabilizing video slight loss of quality?

actually that's my only question now that i think about it. thanks!

i guess i should also mention i use no edge compensation and uncheck "ignore pixels darker that 15% brightness". everything else is left at default besides a full scale and using 'all pixels' under first pass. my source video is 1280 x 720 29.97 progressive.
Diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote