View Single Post
Old 14th May 2019, 15:47   #56245  |  Link
SirMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni View Post
It could be because the player/renderer is set to use Full Screen Exclusive. Set it to use Full Screen Windowed and you shouldn't get the resync.

Alternatively, the desktop is set to 60hz or 50hz and the player/madVR switches to a different refresh rate when the video is played (usually 23hz).

For this reason, I have my desktop set to 23hz, that way only get a resync when playing non-23p content. However, with HDR there is a resync anyway, even if the refresh rate is the same.

If you don't want a resync ever, then you have to switch the OS to HDR and use an option to convert everything to the same refresh rate, but that's really not recommended.
I tried both exclusive full screen and full screen windowed mode. I tried every option in the rendering tab in madVR.

But even when the player opens the video in a small window in MPC-HC in the middle of the display it still happens.

I mentioned I have Windows already locked at 3840x2160 23Hz RGB 12-bit (and I tried 8-bit as well).

I have all refresh rate switching features in the video player and madVR disabled. The JVC info screen reports the exact same video signal info before and after it goes to a black syncing screen.

It's just completely stumping me as to why it's happening. And remember then it also happens when the video player is closed, but again there is no refresh rate change actually taking place.

There is also no syncing issue happening when i switch between window and full screen in the player, just when the video is started and when it's closed.

Why would HDR need to be on? I am tone-mapping HDR to SDR in madVR. The projector is seeming not actually switching anything between the desktop and video playback, but yet it always has to re-sync.
SirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote