View Single Post
Old 20th April 2018, 22:43   #1467  |  Link
Relight

As you probably know, the way MakeMKV shows subtitles is as 1 track with a nested forced track. It then puts 2 subtitle tracks into the MKV file. If there are no forced subtitles, then of course it doesn't make a second track.

I took the path of least resistance and used BDSup2Sub with the already-extracted full subtitle track from the BD3D2MK3D working project directory (which BD3D2MK3D took from the original MakeMKV MKV file). From that full subtitle track, it successfully made me a new forced-only track - it had some errors (I think related to subtitle end times), but none were critical and I guess it fixed them. And then BD3D2MK3D successfully took that new forced-only track and made the 3D subtitle as sub/ipx, which again seemed the quickest path of least resistance for playback with MPV.

Only watched half the movie so far but everything seems to be working correctly.

I did see that "3d glasses" message in BDSup2Sub, but I never saw it when I started watching the movie.

When I have some more time I will look at muxing the new subtitles into my final SBS file.