View Single Post
Old 7th March 2013, 13:30   #17941  |  Link
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
As I said above, most TV is interlaced. Animation should be almost always progressive (same with films and dramas).
Wow just realized you quoted me before I edited my comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
Note, however, that just because something is broadcast or mastered for BD as "1080i", "576i", etc. doesn't mean it's interlaced.
I'm not very knowledgeable in the subject of what is a 'true' interlaced file (I know the basics of what Interlaced means though), all I know is that an experienced encoder would not push for a 1080p encode of an Anime of which the source was mastered in an interlaced Format, (720p is usually regarded as the max in these kinds of situations, depending on the situation a lower resolution would suffice. E.g a dvd). As always there are a few exceptions.) and this has happened quite often. If these are not true examples of interlaced content then the fact that these were mastered in an interlaced format probably points to a different reason to not out a 1080p release rather than it actually being interlaced.

Last edited by Toku; 7th March 2013 at 13:49.
Toku is offline   Reply With Quote