View Single Post
Old 31st December 2008, 07:43   #3  |  Link
eslave

VDub filter port

setarip_old,

I'm certain a vdub port of fauxD itself is possible, and it should be relatively trivial, but its not on my to-do list this week. I'll look into it more, but I've never explored the vdub API - so don't hold your breath. (I'm not much for developing UI elements either.)

The only foreseeable stumbling block is fauxD's dependency on MVTools. I would need to get motion data from a depan logfile, or by accessing AviSynth+MVTools programmatically, or some other means of informing fauxD as to which way the camera is panning for each frame.

In the meantime fauxD's source is available, and from what I recall vdub/mod will accept AVS scripts, correct? (Maybe you need ffdshow? I just dragged&dropped fauxD.avs onto vdubmod and it opened for me.) Of course, my current plugin doesn't always like random (re-)seeks, being rapidly re-opened, and other things one might be prone to do while editing within vdub.

I'll play with the idea for a few days and see what I can do.

-eslave

Update: I think I'm going to table this idea for a while. FauxD is not stand-alone, nor is it mature enough to be hacked into a vdub filter at this point. Even if I did force it into the form of a vdub filter it would probably crash your editor every 5 minutes - hardly what one would consider a 'contribution to the community'. Similarly, there would be very little point in creating an AviSynth front-end filter for vdub, as vdubmod already supports AVS scripts. I'm not giving up on this idea, its just going to take a different approach than I had originally thought.

Last edited by eslave; 5th January 2009 at 07:53. Reason: more info
eslave is offline   Reply With Quote