View Single Post
Old 13th May 2015, 14:33   #51  |  Link
mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forclip View Post
I don't know, but I'm sure DSS2 must be better than DSS. Also, you can try with preroll=15 or bigger values. And yes, if DSS\DSS2 for some reasons used different filters in filter graph,
the results may also be different, regardless of frameaccuracy of the DSS\DSS2 on its own.

Call it like this (... - means your source file and\or other settings)

Code:
DSS2(..., lavs="L3", lavd="L3")
- to load LAV splitter and decoder from the \LAVFilters subfolder (relative to avss.dll path) using default settings. In this mode you dont need to install\register LAV Filters, you only need to put their files into \LAVFilters subfolder.
Then DSS2mod will be able to load it in portable mode without any interference with already installed version, if such exist.

Code:
DSS2(..., lavs="L0", lavd="L0")
- to load your installed LAV Filters (regardless of merit) with its settings.

I want to note about the statement "DSS2mod does not require Haali". DSS2mod, in opposite to DSS2, really doesn't require "Haali Video Sink" to be installed - a video capturing filter, that distributed with Haali package. DSS2mod have it built in. But when you not use lavs="something" and lavd="something" (i.e. by default), it will works almost like the original DSS2 does, using whatever you have installed\registered, according to its merits and all other DirectShow "magic". So, if according to those "magic" Haali Splitter must be used - it will be used.
Thanks for the detail instructions, forclip.

Placing the avss.dll and LAVfilters subfolder in the AviSynth plugins folder does the trick. Merci.

Pls see the next post for frame accuracy tests.

Many thanks and best regards.
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote