View Single Post
Old 15th April 2010, 21:30   #204  |  Link
guth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
I have been struggling with the source pixel aspect ratio setting in the filter. I want to set it to 0.888 as a NTSC 4:3 PAR, will the filter let me choose this? or do I have to stick to 0.912?
When I looked into this a few years ago, I believe Adobe were the only ones I found who used 0.888, but they seem to have changed that lately too:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2...n-after-e.html

Anyway, the only way to be sure about what PAR your camcorder uses, is to measure it from the actual video (by filming a circle for example).

And you can enter any PAR value you want in Deshaker. (RTFM! )

And yes, the PAR is important for handling rotation and zoom correctly, and also if you use different PAR values for source and destination.

The reason Deshaker's preset is appr. 0.912 instead of appr. 0.909 is because I was convinced by that web page, but since most video applications out there seem to use 0.909 I may reconsider, even if it's not correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogway View Post
Another thing is: is it better to crop after the deshaking? that is leaving some black borders for Deshaker to estimate better.
Deshaker prefers not to see any borders during pass 1. They interfere with the motion estimation. You should remove them either by cropping or using 'ignore pixels'. If you use 'previous and future frames to fill in borders' for pass 2, you should definitely crop any borders before deshaking.
guth is offline   Reply With Quote