View Single Post
Old 29th February 2012, 04:40   #12389  |  Link
robpdotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy o View Post
you have to flag it manually with a "24p" in the file name. If you want film mode to be detected automatically too without having to press CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+T, then you have to disable automatic source type detection in madVR's deinterlacing options.
There's some confusion here (maybe by me)....

If you disable automatic source type detection (by checking the box), madVR will assume that the content is the type you have set as default. If the content is a different type, you must use CTRL+ALT+SHIRT+T to toggle between video and film. madVR will select the refresh rate best suited for the source type you select. However, if you have tagged the file, then madVR will select the refresh rate based on the tag, even if you manually switch to video mode. This would probably be the best option if you do not wish to tag your files, and/or most of the interlaced content you watch is the same type.

If you enable automatic detection, then need to tag your film sourced 50i and 60i files as 24Hz.... madVR will automatically enable it's ivtc filter, and select the best refresh rate, based on that tag. MadVr will assume that any non-tagged files are video.
AMD 6870
robpdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote