View Single Post
Old 25th July 2009, 03:45   #206  |  Link
Chiamos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
While I personally tend to agree that keeping the HD audio is a requirement, for others it simply isn't. They want the HD picture and can live with non-HD audio. I don't see anything wrong with that if that's what they're looking for. Just because it's not what you or I want, it doesn't make this product any less valid. And at current, MKV as a container doesn't support HD audio formats. I believe you can convert it to lossless FLAC or something like that and you'll get lossless HD audio in an MKV container. Perhaps that's something they'll consider adding to this product in the future. But as it stands now, this product is designed to convert a BD to an MKV. And there are many people seem to like the concept.
I concur exactly with your all thoughts and opinions on this matter. I have converted the HD to FLAC for a MKV container and it sounds like Lossless to me...great! It would be terrific if this could be designed into MakeMKV, as .MKV and .FLAC are supported in some SW Players and maybe are now, like the Western Digital HD Media Player, or will be supported soon...even together in more hardware Players.

Last edited by Chiamos; 25th July 2009 at 03:49.
Chiamos is offline   Reply With Quote