Thread: DVD Burner Faq
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2003, 15:35   #23  |  Link
vljenewein

ASPI

I downloaded a slightly newer aspi version from www.adaptec.com and seems to be doing quite well. 4.71.2 version ASPIcheck.

Intersting note. When I burn with Nero (ver 5.5.10.7b) it uses NERO ASPI file I downloaded from their site many moons ago.. well a few anyway.. Wnaspi32.dll Ver 2.0.1.50 just a bit of info. Perhaps it is of some value to someone using NERO and having a bit of trouble. You see.. there are soooo many variables from machine to machine that I can tell you I am getting great burns with (this and that) and I can point you in the "GENERAL" directions of success, but you will have to gather up the tweaks here and there to make it work on your particular computer. Even how well the North and South bridge are working with the CPU either VIA, Intel, etc makes a difference on what you are doing.

Alexnoe: Gutten Tag! I use the Ritek 4X (G04) media I got from RIMA.COM DVD and CD media -CHEAP and it came 25 pack for 50.00 and burns at 4 X all the time on my Pioneer 4X (aka CenDyne) DVR-105 model.

Any advantage in upgrading the firmware on the DVDR-105? Seems to work just fine with 4X media the way it sits... ver 1.0 firmaware.

"Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill"
vljenewein is offline   Reply With Quote